- These terms and conditions apply to the Health & Wellbeing competition featured in any publications and online services organised by Dyslexia Association of London.
- By entering the competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- Dyslexia Association of London may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Dyslexia Association of London may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Dyslexia Association of London’s satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to select an alternative winner.Entrants must be aged 18 or over unless specified otherwise in the competition information. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Dyslexia Association of London employees;
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
- Dyslexia Association of London may ask for proof of age and in all competitions, evidence to verify the identity of that entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and DAL’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method indicated in the competition information. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information. ith the rules of the competition.
(a) Forum entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, forum entrants are required to follow the instructions on the Forum as indicated in the competition information. Forum entrants are required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details such as postal address.
Forum entrants may enter the competition by responding with the information indicated in the competition details by posting their answer within the forum. There is no charge for such entries.
- Neither the Dyslexia Association of London nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by the software used by Dyslexia Association of London or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. One prize will be awarded.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Dyslexia Association of London will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Dyslexia Association of London shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Dyslexia Association of London will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where the Dyslexia Association of London decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is as indicated in the competition information.
- Dyslexia Association of London will attempt to notify the winner within 21 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as Dyslexia Association of London shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. He/she will be contacted on the email address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Dyslexia Association of London is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Dyslexia Association of London’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Dyslexia Association of London’s sole discretion.
- Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Dyslexia Association of London that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- Dyslexia Association of London’s doner shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 56 days from the date the prize is claimed by the winning entrant unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Dyslexia Association of London and entrants grant to Dyslexia Association of London a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Dyslexia Association of London (or any third party nominated by Dyslexia Association of London) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their companion’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Dyslexia Association of London’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Dyslexia Association of London cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Dyslexia Association of London is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- Dyslexia Association of London cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Dyslexia Association of London. Dyslexia Association of London will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Dyslexia Association of London shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Dyslexia Association of London reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Dyslexia Association of London including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The promoter of the competition is Dyslexia Association of London, 45 ST. DUNSTANS ROAD, LONDON. W6 8RE
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 10 November 2020.