The volunteer WordPress web developer will play a key role in designing, developing, and maintaining our organisation’s website. This position requires expertise in WordPress customisation, theme development, and plugin integration to ensure a seamless and effective online presence.
This is a remote working role that will require approximately 2-6 hours per week. We can accommodate a flexible schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to commit to the role for a minimum of 4 months.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Customize and develop WordPress themes to align with the charity’s branding and design guidelines.
- Implement and configure WordPress plugins to enhance website functionality.
- Update and manage website content using the WordPress content management system.
- Ensure the effective integration of multimedia elements, such as images, videos, and interactive features.
- Customise and style WordPress themes to meet the charity’s visual and functional requirements.
- Implement responsive design principles to optimise the website for various devices.
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate WordPress plugins to enhance website features and performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to plugin compatibility and conflicts.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to ensure that the website aligns with branding and messaging.
- Collaborate with content creators to implement design changes and feature enhancements.
Training and Support:
- Provide training and support to staff or other volunteers on WordPress usage and basic troubleshooting.
- Create documentation for common tasks and procedures related to WordPress maintenance.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a portfolio showcasing WordPress projects at firstname.lastname@example.org